L&D Training Process
AbbVie Learning and Development (L&D) provides employees with the tools and resources they need to grow their career and meet business objectives. The L&D Team delivers a diverse selection of high quality learning opportunities, from classroom and eLearning programmes to online tools and resources to support on-the-job learning and development.
Across the spectrum of offerings, all Learning and Development training strives to meet three essential criteria:
- Represent best-in-class learning offerings
- Deliver learning where it is needed
- Strengthen AbbVie’s capability to deliver on its business objectives
Professional Development courses strengthen core competencies, values and business skills for all employees, whilst Leadership Development strengthens the leadership pipeline with development opportunities for supervisors, managers and directors.
Our Mentoring Programme is currently offered formally through identified leadership programmes. Mentoring provides employees with the opportunity to pair with an AbbVie Leader in a formal developmental partnership, for typically 12 months or greater. An important element is the creation of a Partnership Agreement (PA) between the mentee and mentor. Mentoring can also occur naturally and informally in the organisation as employees build working relationships and we encourage such informal arrangements.
The Talent Journey
AbbVie Ireland has had a proud history of developing talent both within Ireland but also exporting that talent around the world to take up prominent positions at very senior levels in our global company. Some have relocated to pursue their careers but many others have remained in Ireland because it has been possible to locate their new position here. This is very positive for AbbVie’s Irish-based business. It means we have advocates interacting with our organisation around the world, often at senior levels in our company, who are proud to articulate what a great place Ireland is to do business. They are powerful advocates for the excellent culture that has been created by AbbVie in Ireland and help us optimally communicate the great results which have been achieved by our businesses here, whether in manufacturing or commercial operations.
Benefits to working in a global role with AbbVie:
- Learning and understanding the complexity of the International healthcare environment
- Learning and understanding the complexity of the AbbVie global area affiliate structure and organisation
- Opportunity to identify, develop and work on international and global strategic projects that drive our future growth
- Leadership of large cross functional strategic project teams
- Relationship building and networking with international colleagues